Welcome to week two of my writing progress reports. Let’s get right down to it.
Rag & Bones: Secrets
Starting word count: 23,624. Aim: to increase wordcount by 3,000 words each day, Monday to Friday.
- Monday: 26,627
- Tuesday: 29,624
- Wednesday: 32,285
- Thursday: 34,074
Goal not achieved. Total wordcount: 11,973. Okay, so I didn’t achieve my target for this, but there is a reason for it. I got to the end of the story! Now, that doesn’t mean I’ve finished the first draft yet, but it does mean that I now have to go back and fill in all the gaps, where I glossed over things quickly, and to expand on the description in the places where I basically just have a conversation with no connecting words. That means progress next week will also be slower, so my target for Monday to Friday is 1,500 words per day, although I might manage more than this.
Starting word count: 10,146. Aim: To increase wordcount by 500 words each day, Monday to Friday.
- Monday: 10,676
- Tuesday: 11,157
- Wednesday: 11,722
- Thursday: 12,289
- Friday: 12,764
Total wordcount: 2,618. Goal achieved. Target for next week is the same.
Rag & Bones Shorts: 1983
Aim: To perform an edit on this short over the weekend and to work on the cover.
- Saturday: Electronic read-aloud software edit and conventional read through edit.
- Sunday: Cover work and conversion of document to mobi format for next edit.
Goal achieved. Target for next week – to work on the book over the weekend and to have the book ready for publication by end of Sunday.
Aim: To monitor time spent reading over the week.
- Monday: 2.75
- Tuesday: 3.75
- Wednesday: 3.25
- Thursday: 4.25
- Friday: 2.75
- Saturday: 0.75
- Sunday: 2.00
Total hours: 19.5
Join me next Monday for another round-up of progress and if you’re also challenging yourself to a wordcount each week, let me know in the comments..