Progress Report: 04/03/2014 – 09/03/2014

Welcome to week nine. This week didn’t entirely go as planned. Although I’d planned to work on both Secrets and the Sci-fi Novel, I found that I couldn’t edit both alongside each other – it was too difficult to swap between them.

***

Rag & Bones: Secrets

Aim: To edit, Monday to Friday.

  • Monday: 3,350
  • Tuesday: –
  • Wednesday: –
  • Thursday: –
  • Friday: 6,977

Goal not achieved. Next week I will work mainly on this book, but without any specific targets .

Sci-fi Novel

Aim: To edit Monday to Friday.

  • Monday: –
  • Tuesday: 14,874
  • Wednesday: 23,778
  • Thursday: 30,872
  • Friday: 43,462

Although I didn’t work on this every day, I did go right through to the end. There is still a lot to do before I complete a proper first draft, but I won’t be working on this at all next week. It needs to rest.

Rag & Bones Shorts: 1941

Aim: To edit and prepare for publishing.

Goal achieved. This short is now published.

Other writring

I didn’t work on anything else this week, apart from a quick look over my NFFD competition entry, which I sent off.

Reading

Aim: To monitor time spent reading over the week.

  • Monday: 3.75
  • Tuesday: 2.75
  • Wednesday: 2.75
  • Thursday: 3.25
  • Friday: 2.50
  • Saturday: 3.25
  • Sunday: 2.75

Total hours: 21.00

***

Join me next Monday for another round-up of progress and if you’re also challenging yourself to a wordcount each week, let me know in the comments..

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s