Welcome to week twenty-four.
Rag & Bones: Kindred
This was meant to be a week of editing. It started off well enough. I got through over 18K words. Then, I hit a snag. I knew there were some issues with the timeline that I needed to sort out, but in the week I’d let it rest, I’d sort of forgotten about that. At 18K words it became obvious I needed to do some serious sorting.
So, Thursday was spent working out what I needed to do. Friday was spent rearranging. Saturday and Sunday were spent adding in extra scenes to help it make sense.
As you can see, the total is now at 59,950, and I haven’t finished adding all the extra scenes in yet. Then, I’ve still got to go through and make sure that it now makes sense. I said before this one was going to be longer. I wouldn’t be surprised if there are a fair few extra thousand words by the time I’ve finished.
This coming week I’m not going to make any promises on word counts or edit counts – I’ll take it as it comes.
Rag & Bones Shorts: 1901
Because of the above, I didn’t do another edit on 1901. I’ll schedule that again for this coming weekend and hope that I can do it then.
Aim: To monitor time spent reading over the week.
- Monday: 2.25
- Tuesday: 1.75
- Wednesday: 1.50
- Thursday: 1.50
- Friday: – 2.00
- Saturday: – 1.00
- Sunday: 3.50
Total hours: 13.50
Join me next Monday for another round-up of progress and if you’re also challenging yourself to a wordcount each week, let me know in the comments..