Progress Report: 14/07/2014 – 20/07/2014

Welcome to week twenty-eight.

Projects

This week was database updating and birthday celebrations. As suspected, the birthday celebrations had a significant impact on the work achieved!

I finished inputting the data for Trapped and started on Concealed, at which point I found an error (wrong word used!) that I couldn’t ignore and ended up re-uploading new versions to all retailers. I’m about 20% of the way through the text now, so not too bad, but I expect it to take most of this week to finish it. After concealed, I’ll enter the three shorts, 1983, 1941 and 1985, before going onto Secrets and 1901. At that point, I’ll be able to start checking for any inconsistencies in Kindred through the next edit.

Entering the data is one of those jobs that you can’t do for too long at a time because it fries your brain – a bit like doing to much editing in one day. That makes the progress seem slow, although it probably isn’t really. If I’ve finished the whole lot by the end of July, I’ll be doing well. I’m not optimistic about that though.

Reading

Aim: To monitor time spent reading over the week.

  • Monday: 1.00
  • Tuesday: 2.00
  • Wednesday: 1.25
  • Thursday: 3.00
  • Friday: 0.50
  • Saturday: 0.00
  • Sunday: 1.00

Total hours: 8.75

***

Join me next Monday for another round-up of progress and if you’re also challenging yourself to a wordcount each week, let me know in the comments..

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s