Welcome to week thirty.
This week was database updating again. Boo!
Well, shock, horror, I did finish all the inputting by the end of July. Exactly, the end of July, which left me with a few days to do something else. I have to say, by the end of it, I was so fed-up of inputting data. But, it now means that I can start creating reports with what’s there and that I can have a permanent print-out of what each story contains. So, it is worth it.
What did I do with the extra days? Friday, I did nothing. Well, that’s not strictly true, I just didn’t do anything to do with writing. However, over the weekend I did start some writing. I’ve written a short, approx 3,000 word story, in the Rag & Bones world that I won’t be putting in print, but using for another purpose, to be revealed at a later stage. I also started writing another short, but didn’t get all that far with it. It has nothing to do with R&B.
Aim: To monitor time spent reading over the week.
As I started trying out reading and walking on the treadmill last week, I thought I’d add treadmill hours (err, minutes) alongside, as well as just standing minutes (not many of those so far). So, here it is.
- Monday: 1hr 35m (T 1hr)
- Tuesday: 1hr 40m (T 20m)
- Wednesday: 1hr 52m (T 32m)
- Thursday: 2hr 7m (T 30m)
- Friday: 1hr 15m (T 25m/S 20m)
- Saturday: 2hr 33m (T 30m)
- Sunday: 2hr 16m (T 28m)
Total hours: 13hr 18m (T 3hr 45m/S 20m)
It’s actually quite easy to read on an eReader whilst walking (in a controlled environment), but I wouldn’t want to try it with a paperback. However, at the moment, half an hour is about my limit (the hour on Monday was done in two stints). Maybe in a couple of weeks I’ll feel like upping it a little.
Join me next Monday for another round-up of progress and if you’re also challenging yourself to a wordcount each week, let me know in the comments..