As planned, this past week was all about short stories. I submitted two short stories and one poem (I think – it might have been three stories), and I wrote another for later. I also received the proof copy of Child Witch, two days after ordering it on Monday.
So, this coming week I’ll be back on proofreading Child Witch and sorting out the pre-order for the eBook. If I finish that, I’ll go back to short stories. I won’t be doing anything on Monday, as I have somewhere else to be, so it will be a short week.
This week I have completed the following books:
- Dark Beneath the Moon by Christine Purkis
- The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux
- Mindf**k by Fanie Viljoen
- Warbreaker by Brandon Sanderson (audio)
Hope to see you next week.
This past week has been very productive. I did many read alouds, by various methods, of Child Witch. I also finished the formatting for the paperback, including the cover, and uploaded it. I haven’t yet ordered the proof, but will do that on Monday. I also sent off the previous week’s short story and wrote two more for submission calls.
In the coming week it’s going to be all about the short stories, sending those off I’ve already created and producing more.
In the past week, I have finished the following books:
- The Summons by John Grisham
- Warlock Holmes by G S Denning (audio)
- Hystopia by David Means (audio)
- From the Forest by Sara Maitland
See you next time.
This past week I have been through Child Witch three times and got the eBook closer to finished, as well. I also sent out last week’s short story and wrote another one. In the coming week, I’ll be finalising Child Witch for the proof copy and I hope to send off that short story.
This past week I finished the following books:
- Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad
- The Girls of Slender Means by Muriel Spark
- New World Rising by Jennifer Wilson
- Monstrous Maud: Big Fright by A B Saddlewick
- The Nature of Monsters by Clare Clark
See you all next week.
So, what did I do this past week? Well, I completed first drafts for all the illustrations for Forest 3. And, I have an almost finished short story to send out (completely unrelated). All-in-all, a successful week.
This coming week, it’ll be back to The Goblin and the Child Witch. It’s been resting for about three weeks, so that should be long enough to look at it with fresh eyes. I hope to have it sent off for a proof in the next couple of weeks.
This week I have completed reading the following books:
- Everything’s Eventual by Stephen King
- The Legend of Frog by Guy Bass
- A Short History of Myth by Karen Armstrong (audio)
- The Great Gatsby by F Scott Fitzgerald
- Beekeeping for Beginners by Laurie R King (audio)
- Frog the Barbarian by Guy Bass
Hope to see you again next week.
This past week, as planned, I worked on the third Forest book and now I have a pretty reasonable first draft that is going to rest for a few weeks. As it was then Easter weekend, that is all I completed.
In the coming week, I’ll be putting together the first stage of illustrations for the book. Those should be done by the end of the week. If there’s any extra time, I’ll look at some short story options.
This week I have finished the following book:
- A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett
See you all next week.