This past week was another disrupted one, but I still managed to get a first draft of HV6 completed. Nothing else that was on my list happened, but that’s life.
In the coming week, it’s back onto Child Witch. I have to do one final read-through, then upload the final version to all sites ready for launch day on 1 June 2018. I’ll also take time out to do all the promo materials I’ll need for the week. If there’s any other time left, no doubt I’ll find something to fill it.
This past week, I completed the following books:
- The Boy in the Earth by Fuminori Nakamura (audio)
- The Mentalist by Rod Duncan (audio)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J K Rowling
- The Girl with the Ghost Machine by Lauren DeStefano (audio)
See you all next time.
This past week, I did two run-throughs of the third goblin book, as planned. This left me with one day left over, which meant I decided to start on the next Hunter Vampire story on Friday. I’m already 5K in, which is good.
I also received the cover of an upcoming anthology which includes one of my stories, Strangely Funny V. Isn’t it great? I’ll update you with more news about the anthology when I have it.
In the coming week, I’ll be completing the first draft of the Hunter Vampire story.
The books I finished this past week are:
- The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L Frank Baum
- The Watchers by Neil Spring (audio)
- Time Travelling with a Hamster by Ross Welford
- Ministry of Pandemonium by Chris Westwood (audio)
See you next time.
So, this past week, I only worked on Child Witch. I had a bit of a glitch at the beginning of the week that meant I had to pretty much take two days off, rather than one. However, I did manage to get Child Witch up for preorder on Amazon. So, that’s good. Here’s the cover. You can find all the details at my website: www.julietboyd.com.
In the coming week, I’ll be starting back on Book Three.
This week, I completed reading the following books:
- Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer
- The Accident by C L Taylor (audio)
- The Very First Damned Thing by Jodi Taylor
- The Good Man Jesus and the Scoundrel Christ by Philip Pullman (audio)
- Plant Spirit Wisdom by Ross Heaven
- Bones Never Lie by Kathy Reichs
- The Legend of Podkin One-Ear by Kieran Larwood (audio)
See you all next week.
As planned, this past week was all about short stories. I submitted two short stories and one poem (I think – it might have been three stories), and I wrote another for later. I also received the proof copy of Child Witch, two days after ordering it on Monday.
So, this coming week I’ll be back on proofreading Child Witch and sorting out the pre-order for the eBook. If I finish that, I’ll go back to short stories. I won’t be doing anything on Monday, as I have somewhere else to be, so it will be a short week.
This week I have completed the following books:
- Dark Beneath the Moon by Christine Purkis
- The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux
- Mindf**k by Fanie Viljoen
- Warbreaker by Brandon Sanderson (audio)
Hope to see you next week.
This past week has been very productive. I did many read alouds, by various methods, of Child Witch. I also finished the formatting for the paperback, including the cover, and uploaded it. I haven’t yet ordered the proof, but will do that on Monday. I also sent off the previous week’s short story and wrote two more for submission calls.
In the coming week it’s going to be all about the short stories, sending those off I’ve already created and producing more.
In the past week, I have finished the following books:
- The Summons by John Grisham
- Warlock Holmes by G S Denning (audio)
- Hystopia by David Means (audio)
- From the Forest by Sara Maitland
See you next time.
This past week I have been through Child Witch three times and got the eBook closer to finished, as well. I also sent out last week’s short story and wrote another one. In the coming week, I’ll be finalising Child Witch for the proof copy and I hope to send off that short story.
This past week I finished the following books:
- Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad
- The Girls of Slender Means by Muriel Spark
- New World Rising by Jennifer Wilson
- Monstrous Maud: Big Fright by A B Saddlewick
- The Nature of Monsters by Clare Clark
See you all next week.
So, what did I do this past week? Well, I completed first drafts for all the illustrations for Forest 3. And, I have an almost finished short story to send out (completely unrelated). All-in-all, a successful week.
This coming week, it’ll be back to The Goblin and the Child Witch. It’s been resting for about three weeks, so that should be long enough to look at it with fresh eyes. I hope to have it sent off for a proof in the next couple of weeks.
This week I have completed reading the following books:
- Everything’s Eventual by Stephen King
- The Legend of Frog by Guy Bass
- A Short History of Myth by Karen Armstrong (audio)
- The Great Gatsby by F Scott Fitzgerald
- Beekeeping for Beginners by Laurie R King (audio)
- Frog the Barbarian by Guy Bass
Hope to see you again next week.